Monday, August 20, 2012

We used CIE Tours for our trip to Ireland

Our trip was with CIE Tours. It was a 10 day, 9 night trip. I wasn't sure what to expect with a tour but I have to say they were very professional and it was run very well. I would recommend them to anyone!


Our driver was Tom Keane, he was funny, smart (like this guy knew everything there was to know about irish history), interesting, caring and very good at his job. Here he is on the right, with the entertainment on the trip, Cahal Dunne. Cahal is an irish singer and he was pretty good even though I had not heard of him before the trip.



Tom driving us in the rain.... it rained a lot while we were on the bus!


The people of Ireland are very proud of their homes and most had lovely flowers on the windowsills.







This was an old church and graveyard in Connemara



I loved all the brightly colored houses!


I can't believe I have been home for almost a month and a half already! Time goes by so quick lately. I still have plenty more pictures to post so check back soon.

1 comment:

  1. We used CIE Tours for our honeymoon in June of 2001. Tom was our driver also! After attending an event last night with a band from Ireland, my thoughts drifted back to the best trip of our life! I googled his name and saw your photos. Thanks for taking me back for a few minutes!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Georgia, United States
Photographer, wife, mother, not necessarily in that order. Recently relocated to middle Georgia. Mom to one daughter and three cats. Learning to take the time to stop and smell the roses... oh, and maybe photograph them too!